How To Make Better Presentations
One of people's greatest fears is speaking in public.
We take care of that on lesson one. We provide a really casual but effective approach to overcoming that fear.
You will learn to share your story with those you just met as if they are lifelong friends. We create a friendly and supportive atmosphere where everyone feels at ease. And then we get to work learning the fundamentals of speaking skills.
This program works. All ages welcome. Parents and kids welcome. ESL welcome. Eccentric professors welcome. Aspiring leaders welcome.
HOW IT WORKS
This is a hands-on workshop. You will receive a brief lecture on how to get started. After that you will get started planning, writing, and delivering a one-two minute speech. All in one class.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
You will be in a friendly, casual group where everyone wants to improve their communication skills. All ages are welcome. All English speaking levels welcome. ESL is no problem.
ALL LEVELS, ALL AGES WELCOME
Each student will create their own project based on something they would like to tell others about. Each person's experience is unique and so is their story.
1. Listen. Brief instructor lecture: about 10% of class time
2. Write. Choose your topic and plan your outline
3. Speak. Tell your one-two minute story
4. Review. Discussion of what worked and what can be improved
1. You will learn to organize your thoughts, so when you speak, others will get your main point
2. You will learn to outline your speech, so you don't need to memorize it
3. You will increase your speaking confidence by seeing how easy it can be once you know what you want to tell about.
1. A relaxed social atmosphere. This is not just a lecture, where you take notes then leave. You'll have much more fun than you expected.
2. You pick your own topic, so right away you can talk about something you know well.
3. You share the same need to speak better with others. We are all working together for the same goals
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER
Harris Gaffin wrote these training programs, and he will be your instructor.
He has been helping others tell their stories all his life as a professional journalist, using a wide range of media including writing, speaking, photography and video. He coaches individuals and speaking clubs on how to make better presentations.
This workshop is very compact. You will benefit by learning many of the techniques he's developed as a communications skills expert.